Moderated by Stephen Barth, this recorded presentation features a discussion about the crucial matter of key security and control in the hotel industry.
Gain insights from Brad Bonnell, Principal at Hotel Security Group; Paul Frederik, President of Hospitality Security Advisors; Salvatore Caccavale, Principal at Global Hospitality Security Solutions; and Vince Vittatoe, CEO of Vittatoe Consulting.
The presentation will address the following topics and questions:
- When does the hotel need to be “re-keyed”?
- Who is authorized to make keys generally?
- Who is authorized to make master keys?
- Should we do background checks for everyone that has access to a master key?
- Who obtains master keys at the grand opening of a hotel?
- Master key audits
- Do contractors, like pest control, need to be accompanied into occupied guest rooms?
- Tools that defeat locks
- Overriding passwords for in-room safes
- Adjoining room requests/connected rooms
- Should we access occupied and unoccupied guest rooms every day?
- Should we continue to use the guest’s last name as part of the guest service experience?
- and more!
View the recorded session below: